Justine Thomas, Homebound/Outreach Coordinator
Homebound/ Outreach Services
A delivery program for our patrons who are homebound or in a nursing facility.
1. Who is eligible to receive this service?
North Spencer County residents who are homebound are eligible for homebound deliveries.
2. Is there a fee for this service?
No. This service is free.
3. Will the same library staff member always be helping me?
Yes. Justine Thomas is our sole homebound coordinator. This allows her to become familiar with the type of material you are interested in. Justine will communicate directly with you on an ongoing basis.
4. How often will Justine make a delivery?
Deliveries are arranged at a mutually convenient time for the coordinator and the patron. Because Library items can be checked out for three weeks, Justine generally makes deliveries every three weeks.
5. I can no longer drive to the Library myself, but a family member is willing to pick up my Library material for me?
No. The homebound program is designed for our patrons without one to provide this service. If you have a family member, neighbor, or friend who would like to pick up your library material for you, they will need to speak to the circulation staff at the library to become authorized to check out material for you.
6. My medical condition will leave me homebound for six to eight months? May I sign up for this service temporarily?
7. How do I sign up for this service?
To learn more about the homebound service or sign-up, call Justine at the Lincoln Heritage Public Library at 812-937-7170. Click here for the Homebound Application