Homebound Outreach Program
A delivery program for our patrons who are homebound or in a nursing facility.
1. Who is eligible to receive this service?
North Spencer County residents who are homebound are eligible for homebound deliveries.
2. Is there a fee for this service?
No. This service is free.
3. Will the same library staff member always be helping me?
Yes. Justine Thomas is our sole homebound coordinator. This allows her to become familiar with the type of material in which you are interested.
Justine will communicate directly with you on an ongoing basis.
4. How often will Justine make a delivery?
Deliveries are arranged at a time that is mutually convenient for you and Justine. Because Library items can be checked out for 3 weeks, she generally makes deliveries every three weeks.
5. I can no longer drive to the Library myself, but a family member is willing to pick up my Library material for me?
No. The homebound program is designed for our patrons who have no one to provide this service. If you have a family member, neighbor, or friend who would like to pick up your library material for you, they will need to speak to the circulation staff at the library to become authorized to check out material for you.
6. I have a medical condition that will leave me homebound for six to eight months? May I sign up for this service temporarily?
7. How do I sign up for this service?
To learn more about the homebound service or to sign-up, call Justine at the Lincoln Heritage Public Library at 812-937-7170. Click here for the Homebound Application