Homebound Outreach Program
A delivery program for our patrons
who are homebound or in a nursing facility.
1. Who is eligible to receive this service?
North Spencer County residents who are homebound
are eligible for homebound deliveries
2. Is there a fee for this service?
No. This service is free.
3. Will the same library staff member always be helping me?
Yes. Justine Thomas is our sole homebound coordinator.
This allows her to become familiar
with the type of material in which you are interested.
Justine will communicate directly with you on an ongoing basis.
4. How often will Justine make a delivery?
Deliveries are arranged at a time that is mutually convenient for the coordinator
and the patron. Because Library items can be checked out for 3 weeks,
Justine generally makes deliveries every three weeks.
5. I can no longer drive to the Library myself, but a family member
is willing to pick up my Library material for me?
No. The homebound program is designed for our patrons who have no one
to provide this service. If you have a family member, neighbor or friend
who would like to pick up your library material for you, they will need to speak
to the circulation staff at the library in order to become authorized to
check out material for you.
6. I have a medical condition that will leave me homebound for six to eight months?
May I sign up for this service on a temporary basis?
7. How do I sign up for this service?
To learn more about the homebound service or to sign-up,
call Justine at the Lincoln Heritage Public Library at 812-937-7170.